Wednesday, April 3, 2013

SEM Challenge 27!

Ok you animal lovers this one is for you!!!

Scrapping Everyday Miracles has a lovely challenge involving the fluffy, the scaly, the slimy or feathered!
See below for my take on this challenge!


Challenge #27 All God's Creatures

Hi it is Nicole... As I write this challenge post I am sitting on the couch surrounded by two cats and a dog.  They continually bless my life with friendship, laughter, and love.  I am thinking about a song we use to sing at summer camp each summer that goes:


"All God's critters got a place in the choir

Some sing low, some sing higher

Some sing out loud on the telephone wire
And some just clap their hands, or paws
Or anything they got now."



It is so true the animals are such a beautiful and amazing part of God's creation!



For this month's main challenge we would like you to create a project inspired by your pets.  Even if you aren't an animal person or don't have any pets, you can still be inspired by this challenge.  You can create a project inspired by any animal in God's creation. Your projects can even be about an animal-related experience like a day at the zoo or a farm. What is important is that we see that God is blessing us with everyday miracles using both the animals within our families and those outside our homes.  



SCRAP TWIST: USE AN ANIMAL RELATED QUOTE/SAYING OR EVEN A BIBLE VERSE ON YOUR PROJECT.   You can use it for your title, journaling or just an addition to your project! Just to help you get started here is a link to a bunch of animal quotes: http://www.petsinpastel.com/quotes.htm

I made my page especially for this challenge. I went hunting for the few photos I have of my Kitty, Monet. Claude Monet to be exact. Or is it Clawed? I forget lol.

Captured here on this layout is Dora in the top corner and Monet at the bottom.These two photos were taken 8 years ago! GASP! And yes, with an analogue camera! ARGH!  I had such fun watching them play in the grass. I sure wish I took more photos as these are all I have. 
(Well we still have Monet and I have ample photos of him doing what he does best - sleeping.)
I am actually inspired to make more layouts with the left over pics of my fluffies.

I had a lot of fun on this layout as you may see. It was the first time I have ever used texture paste and I had a blast. I used a KaiserCraft stencil to get the pattern. The ink is Distress Inks: Peeled Paint, Spiced Marmalade and Vintage Photo. 

The chipboard mushroom has been coloured with Copic pens and sealed with  Dimensional Magic.

The quote I used is: 
Love the animals: God has given them the rudiments of thought and joy untroubled - Fyodor Dostoyevsky.

So give this Challenge a try! You will be glad you did! I sure am :-)

Blessings
Joan


7 comments:

  1. Love this pretty page Joan. Thanks so much for linking up with us at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like that texture paste in the background and the mushroom embellie looks so cool! Thanks for joining in our challenge at SEM. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the flowers on the stamped branch! Thanks so much for being our guest DT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous page!! Love all the dimension and fall colors. Thanks for joining us as the SEM April GD!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful flower clustering! Love them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colors and flowers, your layout is so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the leaves.... I really love the layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! Hope to see you back.