Saturday, December 8, 2012

Birthday Fun

I have had the most wonderful 2 days, having just celebrated my 35th birthday. My birthday is the 7th but being a weekday it was low key. And you know, that was ok. It felt good. It felt right and I was very content. But I wonder if my contentment was due to the fact that I knew my hubby was holding me a little afternoon tea party the next day? Perhaps. lol

He surprised me today with a lovely gift from my 3 boys. (My poor White Knight  went to collect my gift on Thursday, only to find that it had been sold to someone else.) This is what I was presented with:

I am truly blessed!

And then the party started! Woot! A selection of my favourite people came along - alas we can't fit everyone! It was such a nice, and relaxed time.

My dear friend Samantha made me a lovely gift and I just had to show it to y'all. With her permission of course!




Clever girl, isn't she!
Sam has decorated a KaiserCraft wishing will with Graphic 45 papers. My favourite butterfly one too from the Steampunk Debutante Collection. I'm unsure where the birds come from but they are darling.

Of course gifts are fun and lovely but are not what truly is important. A gift is nothing unless there is love behind the giving. And I tell ya, I felt truly loved and honoured. I feel like I belong and I have a very special group of friends who are indeed my family.
I thank God for you all.

Blessings Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! Hope to see you back.